Leading Organizations and Programs
Leading Organizations and Programs is a course for managers and directors which provides the knowledge and tools necessary to develop processes that support an organization’s or program’s strategic initiatives. Topics of consideration include the ability to develop appropriate responses to needed organizational change and lead change efforts via a process of envisioning, enabling, and energizing leadership efforts. The ability to develop and lead technology management initiatives is also considered. Participants enhance their ability to use the balanced scorecard as a tool in both designing and measuring critical success factors (CSF). As experienced leaders, participants are challenged to enrich their capabilities for collaboration both within and outside an organization or program. This course provides experienced leaders with a proven framework that can be applied to appraise, improve, and lead successful change efforts that reinforce activities aimed at ensuring the continued viability of organizational and programmatic productivity. A combination of personal reflection and group/team interaction is facilitated toward a goal of producing real-time action plans across a number of key organizational or programmatic needs. Competencies to be targeted include critical and creative thinking, technology management, visioning, boundary spanning, alliance building, and political savvy.
Upon completing this course, participants will be able to:
- Identify personal behavioral preferences
- Describe how differing behavioral preferences can affect relationships positively or negatively
- Assess the best approach for enhancing interpersonal relationships between various behavioral preferences
- Identify the critical elements of communication and common barriers between people of differing behavioral preferences
- Increase personal and organizational effectiveness by taking a more proactive role in building relationships within their team and organization
- Inspire higher levels of commitment from others and earn their trust
- Value the contributions of team members toward achieving team goals
- Create and maintain a team environment conducive to high performance
- Build openness, trust, and respect among team members
- Create the opportunity for stronger collaboration among team members and across diverse functional areas
- Foster an innovative environment of communication and collaboration
- Encourage the free flow of ideas by their team and organization
- Use creative thinking to develop fresh insights to meet organizational challenges
- Develop a transformative mindset toward organizational mission and key objectives
Register 21 days before class start date and save 10%! Enter discount code EARLY10 during registration.
Register 21 days before class start date and save $250! Enter discount code EARLY250 during registration.
Is there a discount available for current students?
UMBC students and alumni, as well as students who have previously taken a public training course with UMBC Training Centers are eligible for a 10% discount, capped at $250. Please provide a copy of your UMBC student ID or an unofficial transcript or the name of the UMBC Training Centers course you have completed. Online courses are excluded from this offer.
What is the cancellation and refund policy?
Student will receive a refund of paid registration fees only if UMBC Training Centers receives a notice of cancellation at least 10 business days prior to the class start date for classes or the exam date for exams.