Leading Others is a course for new leaders. This course provides participants with the knowledge and behavioral competencies to embrace their role as a new leader with confidence and effectiveness. Learners gain expert knowledge of the components of high performing teams, and how to nurture them. The course uses John C. Maxwell’s Five Levels of Leadership model to provide an understanding of how to grow into a superior leader as well as how to interact with team members based on their own level of development. This idea is supported by the Situational Leadership Model that benefits a leader’s effectiveness by knowing how to communicate with each team member based on the team member’s willingness and competency to perform in their jobs and assignments. Additionally, the Myers-Briggs Type Indicator (MBTI) Assessment and subsequent training ensures participants are better equipped to communicate and resolve conflict with others regardless of personality type. The Leading Others course is a linchpin in transitioning from a new leader to a more mature and well-informed leader. It addresses critical behavioral and communication situations that when handled effectively, result in stronger trust and better performance across the team.
Upon completing this course, participants will be able to:
- Assess their leadership styles, strengths, and weaknesses
- Gain expertise in the components of high performing teams and nurturing them
- Increase their capacity to communicate as a leader
- Identify diversity among team members and promote team strengths
- Increase the ability to the leverage diversity among team members
- Identify personality types
- More effectively communicate and resolve conflict with similar and opposite types
- Engage and effectively support team members and team goals through active listening and feedback
- Inspire intrinsic motivation among team members
- Delegate effectively
- Clarify, communicate, and codify team objectives
- Use the right leadership approach for both individuals and teams based on their current level of development
- Identify situations when emotional intelligence is needed
- Implement techniques that will not only avoid problem escalation, but also create positive outcomes
Register 21 days before class start date and save 10%! Enter discount code EARLY10 during registration.
Register 21 days before class start date and save $250! Enter discount code EARLY250 during registration.
Is there a discount available for current students?
UMBC students and alumni, as well as students who have previously taken a public training course with UMBC Training Centers are eligible for a 10% discount, capped at $250. Please provide a copy of your UMBC student ID or an unofficial transcript or the name of the UMBC Training Centers course you have completed. Online courses are excluded from this offer.
What is the cancellation and refund policy?
Student will receive a refund of paid registration fees only if UMBC Training Centers receives a notice of cancellation at least 10 business days prior to the class start date for classes or the exam date for exams.