Leading Virtual Teams
Today’s organizational landscape has shifted and the global economy has prompted businesses to change how they work. Business leaders must now embrace tele-work and virtual teaming as an essential way for doing business. As such, we must reframe our thinking about technology as not just a tool for communication, but also as a tool to practice leadership. This course is for emerging leaders, middle managers, and team leads. It focuses on strategies for leading, engaging and motivating team members and stakeholders when geographical separation is a part of the work-scape. Participants learn about transitions from traditional corporate teams to modern patterns of virtual leadership. Finally, participants take a journey through some of the effective communication and technological processes that drive virtual teams.
Upon completing this course, participants will be able to:
- Foster the growth of necessary skills for effective virtual work
- Employ simple strategies for leading effective virtual meetings
- Utilize basic coaching techniques to inspire and motivate remote teams
- Establish working protocols for communication and team support
- Build openness, trust, and respect among team members
- Know what your remote team members need
- Implement simple project management techniques for virtual teams
- Leverage the team’s collective intelligence
- Create the opportunity for stronger collaboration among team members and across diverse functional areas
Is there a discount available for current students?
UMBC students and alumni, as well as students who have previously taken a public training course with UMBC Training Centers are eligible for a 10% discount, capped at $250. Please provide a copy of your UMBC student ID or an unofficial transcript or the name of the UMBC Training Centers course you have completed. Asynchronous courses are excluded from this offer.
What is the cancellation and refund policy?
Student will receive a refund of paid registration fees only if UMBC Training Centers receives a notice of cancellation at least 10 business days prior to the class start date for classes or the exam date for exams.