Managing Multiple Projects and Priorities
Most, if not all of us, feel the pressures of daily living. Those combinations of our professional and personal life that make us feel as if there are not enough hours in the day. We are well aware of the fact that there are always 24 of them each day and it is we who chooses their use. The feeling of not having enough time stems from a lack of accomplishment and more specifically, from not accomplishing things that are important. This course provides participants with skills for making a significant and immediate impact on daily productivity and time management. Participants identify old, non-productive habits and replace them with the proven habits of top achievers. In this course, participants work through a series of activities and create a process that they can transfer to their professional and personal lives. In doing so, they discover the key to focusing their efforts on the most important items both professionally and personally, which allows their production of goal-satisfying results.
Upon completing this course, participants will be able to:
- Evaluate tasks and goals using the lens of criticality and importance
- Recognize priorities and let go of the unimportant
- Effectively schedule and prioritize critical tasks and projects
- Meet project deadlines
- Connect organization’s mission and vision to daily work assignments
- List strategies for controlling your job instead of letting it control you
- Combat inefficient behaviors, defeat procrastination, and sustain motivation
- Head off problems and project glitches
- Explain the paradox of time
- Identify techniques for shaving time off major activities
- Identify underlying assumptions that inhibit effective time management
- Boost productivity by eliminating time-wasters
- Work effectively with multiple bosses and team members
- Manage ‘shifting’ priorities and effectively juggle tasks and projects
- Effectively manage workplace stress and increase personal energy
Register 21 days before class start date and save 10%! Enter discount code EARLY10 during registration.
Register 21 days before class start date and save $250! Enter discount code EARLY250 during registration.
Is there a discount available for current students?
UMBC students and alumni, as well as students who have previously taken a public training course with UMBC Training Centers are eligible for a 10% discount, capped at $250. Please provide a copy of your UMBC student ID or an unofficial transcript or the name of the UMBC Training Centers course you have completed. Online courses are excluded from this offer.
What is the cancellation and refund policy?
Student will receive a refund of paid registration fees only if UMBC Training Centers receives a notice of cancellation at least 10 business days prior to the class start date for classes or the exam date for exams.