Teams that are lacking on trust are incapable of engaging in unfiltered, passionate debate about key issues, causing situations where team conflict can easily turn into veiled discussions and back channel comments. In a work setting where team members do not openly air their opinions, inferior decisions are the result. The desire to preserve artificial harmony stifles the occurrence of productive ideological conflict. A cohesive team’s members agree to the guidelines and behaviors that would allow for healthy conflict. Leaders are comfortable encouraging healthy debate and conflict as it proves to open opportunities for new and creative ideas to flow for problem solving and improving processes.
Upon completing this course, participants will be able to:
- Identify workplace conflict and describe its effect on workplace productivity
- Differentiate between non-productive (bad) and productive (good) conflict
- Identify your preferences for handling conflict
- Determine the importance in maintaining a relationship and achieving a desired outcome
- Identify the nature of a specific conflict and apply the most appropriate conflict resolution style
- Resolve conflict before it escalates
- Keep poise and control at all times while communicating effectively during conflict
- Coach employees to resolve their own conflict and maintain emotional self-control
- Disengage from infighting and political matters
- Build and nurture honest and trustful relations
- Identify common mistakes that lead to conflict
Register 21 days before class start date and save 10%! Enter discount code EARLY10 during registration.
Register 21 days before class start date and save $250! Enter discount code EARLY250 during registration.
Is there a discount available for current students?
UMBC students and alumni, as well as students who have previously taken a public training course with UMBC Training Centers are eligible for a 10% discount, capped at $250. Please provide a copy of your UMBC student ID or an unofficial transcript or the name of the UMBC Training Centers course you have completed. Online courses are excluded from this offer.
What is the cancellation and refund policy?
Student will receive a refund of paid registration fees only if UMBC Training Centers receives a notice of cancellation at least 10 business days prior to the class start date for classes or the exam date for exams.