Being in a leadership role often requires an individual’s negotiation with a wide range of potential parties, from members of their own team to individuals leading teams in other organizations. Similar to conflict, the capability of using a combination of influence and persuasion along with a variety of negotiation tools effectively greatly enhances a leader’s achievement of favorable outcomes. This course explores a variety of tools, such as anchoring and perspective taking, that when used effectively help a leader guide and manage a negotiation conducted between the parties involved.
Upon completing this course, participants will be able to:
- Skillfully negotiate conflict and difficult situations
- Identify the five conflict-handling modes or styles
- Find best solutions to high stake problems
- Identify their negotiating strengths
- Create a climate of innovation even during conflict
- Identify the various tools used during negotiation
- Appropriately apply negotiation tools to achieve favorable outcomes
- Guide and manage negotiations conducted between other parties
- Use negotiation skills to mobilize innovative teams
Register 21 days before class start date and save 10%! Enter discount code EARLY10 during registration.
Register 21 days before class start date and save $250! Enter discount code EARLY250 during registration.
Is there a discount available for current students?
UMBC students and alumni, as well as students who have previously taken a public training course with UMBC Training Centers are eligible for a 10% discount, capped at $250. Please provide a copy of your UMBC student ID or an unofficial transcript or the name of the UMBC Training Centers course you have completed. Online courses are excluded from this offer.
What is the cancellation and refund policy?
Student will receive a refund of paid registration fees only if UMBC Training Centers receives a notice of cancellation at least 10 business days prior to the class start date for classes or the exam date for exams.