Providing Effective Feedback
Participants will learn to provide feedback that is designed to help improve performance, while preserving the self-esteem and confidence of the recipient. Through experiential exercises, group discussions, and role plays, participants will learn the importance of creating a safe space in which both the manager and the employee are open to hearing what the other has to say and feedback is seen as a developmental tool rather than a judgment. This highly interactive class will provide the learners with a strong but simple model for creating clear and concise feedback messages. After learning the model, the participants will apply their learning to a live case study.
Upon completing this course, participants will be able to:
- Gain confidence in their ability to provide feedback and understand the importance of providing feedback on a regular basis
- Learn how to control the fight or flight response in themselves and understand the importance of lessening that response in the employees to whom they are providing feedback
- Create a safe, non-confrontational space in which to provide feedback to their direct reports and others
- Use the SBI model for effective feedback and practice that model during role plays
- Provide “feedforward” and understand the importance and impact of feedforward in the workplace
Register 21 days before class start date and save 10%! Enter discount code EARLY10 during registration.
Register 21 days before class start date and save $250! Enter discount code EARLY250 during registration.
Is there a discount available for current students?
UMBC students and alumni, as well as students who have previously taken a public training course with UMBC Training Centers are eligible for a 10% discount, capped at $250. Please provide a copy of your UMBC student ID or an unofficial transcript or the name of the UMBC Training Centers course you have completed. Online courses are excluded from this offer.
What is the cancellation and refund policy?
Student will receive a refund of paid registration fees only if UMBC Training Centers receives a notice of cancellation at least 10 business days prior to the class start date for classes or the exam date for exams.