Red Hat Enterprise Linux 8 New Features for Experienced Linux Administrators (RH354)
Prepare yourself for Red Hat Enterprise Linux 8 by learning about changes to the operating system
Red Hat Enterprise Linux 8 New Features for Experienced Linux Administrators (RH354) introduces you to updates in the upcoming Red Hat® Enterprise Linux® release. Intended for experienced Linux system administrators, this course offers a rapid orientation to Red Hat Enterprise Linux 8 based on the pre-release beta. The offering prepares operators, managers, principal system administrators, and other IT professionals with experience in Red Hat Enterprise Linux 7 for deployments and migrations to the new release.
This course is based on Red Hat Enterprise Linux 8.
Course must be completed within 90 days after purchase.
HOW CAN I TAKE THIS COURSE?
Experience Red Hat courses in person at our Columbia, MD facility.
Live Online Virtual Training (VT)
Red Hat’s live online virtual training is real-time training conducted remotely featuring Red Hat instructors. Learn more about Virtual Training (VT) here.
Self-Paced ROLE (R)?
Red Hat Online Learning features the same high-quality course content found in their interactive classroom environments and is supplemented with 90-days of unlimited access to course content, 80 hours of cloud-based labs, and webinars from Red Hat experts – all of which is optimized for self-study, giving you the practical and applied knowledge you need to advance your skills, prepare for hands-on certification exams, and to further your career. Learn more about Red Hat Online Learning (R) here. Course must be completed within 90 days after purchase.
This course is designed to provide a preview of Red Hat Enterprise Linux 8 to experienced IT professionals, including:
- Linux system administrators
- DevOps engineers
- Cloud administrators
Be a Red Hat Certified System Administrator (RHCSA) or demonstrate equivalent knowledge of and experience with Red Hat Enterprise Linux.
Upon completion of this course, students will be able to:
- Install Red Hat Enterprise Linux 8 using the new packaging, modularity, and appstream features.
- Upgrade from Red Hat Enterprise Linux 7 to Red Hat Enterprise Linux 8 using new tools.
- Perform integrated file system and volume management using Stratis.
- Use Cockpit for system management.
- Create system images with Composer.
- Configure Identity Management using authselect.
- Understand the Wayland graphical display server.
- Deploy containers using the new integrated OCI runtime and tools.
- Configure firewall rules that use the new NFT back end.
Register 21 days before class start date and save 10%! Enter discount code EARLY10 during registration.
Register 21 days before class start date and save $250! Enter discount code EARLY250 during registration.
- Preview Red Hat Enterprise Linux 8
- Describe the major improvements and feature enhancements in the upcoming Red Hat Enterprise Linux 8 release.
- Install and upgrade to Red Hat Enterprise Linux 8
- Install Red Hat Enterprise Linux 8 or upgrade an existing system from Red Hat Enterprise Linux 7 to Red Hat Enterprise Linux 8.
- Provision and manage servers
- Prepare standardized systems by generating system images for deployment, managing them with remote web-based administration, and automating provisioning with Red Hat Enterprise Linux System Roles for Red Hat® Ansible Engine.
- Adapt to core system changes
- Manage core system components that have had significant changes in Red Hat Enterprise Linux 8.
- Implement storage using new features
- Explore the major enhancements in local and remote file system and volume management components.
- Manage containers with the new runtime
- Explain the new container runtime engine and tools that replace the Docker container engine.
- Implement enhanced networking features
- Describe the major enhancements in network packet processing and network device management.
- Adapt to virtualization improvements
- Learn to implement the new features and management tools for virtualization management.
Is there a discount available for current students?
UMBC students and alumni, as well as students who have previously taken a public training course with UMBC Training Centers are eligible for a 10% discount, capped at $250. Please provide a copy of your UMBC student ID or an unofficial transcript or the name of the UMBC Training Centers course you have completed. Online courses are excluded from this offer.
What is the cancellation and refund policy?
Student will receive a refund of paid registration fees only if UMBC Training Centers receives a notice of cancellation at least 10 business days prior to the class start date for classes or the exam date for exams.