Remote Leadership: Leading a Mobile Team
With the exponential technological advances that have occurred over the last few decades, the number of individuals leading mobile teams has increased significantly and only keeps growing. Conventional thinking suggests leading these mobile teams as less effective than leading co-located teams due to little or no face-to-face contact; however, this has come under ample scrutiny over recent years as current research suggests that mobile teams often outperform co-located teams. This course looks at how those individuals charged with leading remotely in today’s business environment can do so successfully. The course provides leaders of mobile teams with techniques for combining unique talents and overcoming roadblocks such as locations, time zones, budget restrictions, and scheduling difficulties. Participants also learn critical methods for increasing purpose and vigilance while leading remotely with their teams. The course covers several best practices for leading remotely, such as intelligently leveraging technology for increased team collaboration and relationship building as well as actively mitigating differences between mobile team members for decreasing negative impact.
Upon completing this course, participants will be able to:
- Identify characteristics of successful mobile teams
- Identify characteristics of successful remote leaders responsible for mobile teams
- Combine and leverage unique talents of mobile workforce
- Overcome roadblocks mobile teams typically face
- Deepen purpose felt by mobile team members
- Increase vigilance of mobile team member activities and performance
- Leverage technology for increasing team collaboration and relationship building
- Mitigate differences between mobile team members
- Lead a mobile team effectively through remote leadership best practices
Register 21 days before class start date and save 10%! Enter discount code EARLY10 during registration.
Register 21 days before class start date and save $250! Enter discount code EARLY250 during registration.
Is there a discount available for current students?
UMBC students and alumni, as well as students who have previously taken a public training course with UMBC Training Centers are eligible for a 10% discount, capped at $250. Please provide a copy of your UMBC student ID or an unofficial transcript or the name of the UMBC Training Centers course you have completed. Online courses are excluded from this offer.
What is the cancellation and refund policy?
Student will receive a refund of paid registration fees only if UMBC Training Centers receives a notice of cancellation at least 10 business days prior to the class start date for classes or the exam date for exams.