Individuals in leadership roles see the future and create strategies for successfully moving an organization forward into the future. They then communicate these strategies in a way that excites and inspires others. The work and execution of making these strategies a reality, however, remains. This course focuses on the interplay between strategic thinking and project planning. It provides participants with a framework for the essential elements of strategy development and project planning efforts. The session provides methods and techniques applicable on an individual, team, and organizational level. For completing projects on time and within budget, the session explores methods for identifying where problems need resolution and goals achieved.
Upon completing this course, participants will be able to:
- Apply tools fostering divergent strategic thinking
- Apply tools fostering convergent project planning
- Understand the critical elements of both strategic thinking and project planning
- Understand the roles and interplay of strategic thinking and project planning in strategic management
- Recommend and apply tools for working through the strategic management process
- Translate strategy into actionable goals
- Create plans for implementation of identified goals
- Form a team where members work together toward achieving identified goals and hold each other accountable for making progress
- Identify obstacles, assess risks, and plan appropriate counter measures
- Manage the plan for achieving the intended results
Register 21 days before class start date and save 10%! Enter discount code EARLY10 during registration.
Register 21 days before class start date and save $250! Enter discount code EARLY250 during registration.
Is there a discount available for current students?
UMBC students and alumni, as well as students who have previously taken a public training course with UMBC Training Centers are eligible for a 10% discount, capped at $250. Please provide a copy of your UMBC student ID or an unofficial transcript or the name of the UMBC Training Centers course you have completed. Online courses are excluded from this offer.
What is the cancellation and refund policy?
Student will receive a refund of paid registration fees only if UMBC Training Centers receives a notice of cancellation at least 10 business days prior to the class start date for classes or the exam date for exams.