Building Effective Workplace Relationships
Developing strong internal and external workplace relationships in today’s society is a hallmark of effective leadership. The five elements of relationship building are vital for understanding what makes a strong workplace relationship. In this course, participants explore the following: Respect – is there healthy respect in a relationship? Shared Experiences – have there been ample opportunities for sharing experiences whether good or bad, hard or easy? Trust – has trust developed through these shared experiences and other trust-building avenues? Reciprocity – is a relationship a two-way street? Finally, Mutual Enjoyment – do you look forward to spending time with an individual whether the circumstances bringing you together are difficult or not? Through this course, participants recognize and cultivate the five elements of relationship building in their workplace lives.
Upon completing this course, participants will be able to:
- Recognize and practice respect
- Become open to discussing experiences, especially those that are shared
- Adopt methods for creating shared experiences
- Develop trust in their internal and external workplace relationships
- Ensure mutual benefit and equal transparency in their relationships
- Learn to listen actively and empathetically
- Show reciprocity by ensuring that relationships are two-way streets
- Share enjoyment with others to increase awareness
- Improve interpersonal relations within an organization as well as externally
Register 21 days before class start date and save 10%! Enter discount code EARLY10 during registration.
Register 21 days before class start date and save $250! Enter discount code EARLY250 during registration.
Is there a discount available for current students?
UMBC students and alumni, as well as students who have previously taken a public training course with UMBC Training Centers are eligible for a 10% discount, capped at $250. Please provide a copy of your UMBC student ID or an unofficial transcript or the name of the UMBC Training Centers course you have completed. Online courses are excluded from this offer.
What is the cancellation and refund policy?
Student will receive a refund of paid registration fees only if UMBC Training Centers receives a notice of cancellation at least 10 business days prior to the class start date for classes or the exam date for exams.