C++ is the object oriented superset of ANSI C. This course provides students with a comprehensive study of the C++ Programming Language. The course stresses the object paradigm including classes, inheritance, virtual functions, and templates in the development of C++ programs. Lab exercises reinforce the lectures.
WHO SHOULD ATTEND
Anybody who has the need to write programs in the C++ language including programmers, engineers, scientists, or other technical support personnel will benefit from this course.
Students should have taken the Software Development for Non-Programmers and Introduction to C courses or have equivalent knowledge.
Upon completion of this course, students will be able to:
- Explain how object-oriented software engineering enhances the software development process.
- Identify the major elements in an object-oriented programming language.
- Implement the concepts of data abstraction and encapsulation in the creation of abstract data types.
- Implement operator overloading.
- Use inheritance in C++.
- Select the proper class protection mechanism.
- Demonstrate the use of virtual functions to implement polymorphism.
- Write programs utilizing the I/O classes in C++.
- Understand some advanced features of C++ including templates, exceptions, and multiple inheritance.
- Compare the object vs the procedural approach to writing software.
- Use correct object oriented terminology.
- Define and use classes in a C++ program.
- Create and use abstract data types.
- Derive classes using inheritance in C++.
- Implement polymorphism by using virtual functions in a program.
Register 21 days before class start date and save 10%! Enter discount code EARLY10 during registration.
Register 21 days before class start date and save $250! Enter discount code EARLY250 during registration.
Is there a discount available for current students?
UMBC students and alumni, as well as students who have previously taken a public training course with UMBC Training Centers are eligible for a 10% discount, capped at $250. Please provide a copy of your UMBC student ID or an unofficial transcript or the name of the UMBC Training Centers course you have completed. Online courses are excluded from this offer.
What is the cancellation and refund policy?
Student will receive a refund of paid registration fees only if UMBC Training Centers receives a notice of cancellation at least 10 business days prior to the class start date for classes or the exam date for exams.