Cloud Computing Fundamentals
This course provides an overview of Enterprise Cloud Computing. It is aimed at a broad audience, including technology managers. Cloud computing models are discussed, including public, private and hybrid clouds. Major Cloud platforms such as Amazon AWS and Microsoft Azure are analyzed. Important issues such as Compliance, Security and Legacy system migration are also discussed.
This course is intended for System Architects, System/Network/Database Administrators, IT Operations Staff, Systems Analysts/Engineers, Information Security and Compliance Managers, IT Leaders, IT Managers and Supervisors, and IT Project and Program Managers.
Understanding of IT System and Platform architecture and lifecycle concepts.
Register 21 days before class start date and save 10%! Enter discount code EARLY10 during registration.
Register 21 days before class start date and save $250! Enter discount code EARLY250 during registration.
- Cloud Technology Concepts
- Cloud Computing vs. Traditional Data Center
- Cloud Service Models (SaaS, PaaS, IaaS)
- Public, Private and Hybrid Clouds
- Cloud Vendor Landscape (Amazon, Microsoft, Google, Red Hat, IBM, VMWare)
- Overview of AWS & Azure Core Services (Compute, Storage, Networking, Database)
- Identity, Credential and Access Management
- Containers, Microservices, Kubernetes
- Serverless Computing
- Technical Cloud Operations
- Agile, DevOps and the Cloud
- Monitoring and Scaling
- HA/DR Considerations
- Legacy System Migration Considerations
- Specialized Cloud Services from AWS, Azure and other Vendors
- Cloud Data Analytics
- Cloud Computing Economics
- Cloud Security, Privacy & Compliance
Is there a discount available for current students?
UMBC students and alumni, as well as students who have previously taken a public training course with UMBC Training Centers are eligible for a 10% discount, capped at $250. Please provide a copy of your UMBC student ID or an unofficial transcript or the name of the UMBC Training Centers course you have completed. Online courses are excluded from this offer.
What is the cancellation and refund policy?
Student will receive a refund of paid registration fees only if UMBC Training Centers receives a notice of cancellation at least 10 business days prior to the class start date for classes or the exam date for exams.