CompTIA Network+ Training
The CompTIA Network+ Training course at UMBC Training centers prepares students to pass the globally-recognized, vendor-neutral, CompTIA Network+ exam.
Earning these certifications validates that you possess the essential knowledge and skills needed to confidently design, configure, manage and troubleshoot any wired and wireless networks. CompTIA Network+ certified individuals are in-demand worldwide. With CompTIA Network training, you will prove that you have the key skills to troubleshoot, configure and manage these security systems and keep your company productive.
How Our CompTIA Network+ Training Benefits You:
- It will prepare you for the CompTIA Network+ Certification examination (N10-008)
- The CompTIA certifications will also provide you with the demonstrable skills required in today’s job market
- You will acquire the necessary experience with personal computer operating systems and networks to present fundamental security skills and concepts that you will use on the job in any type of networking career
- This class meets the requirements for IAT Level 1 in the DoD Directive 8570
- This class includes an exam voucher for the CompTIA Network+ Exam.
CompTIA Network+ Certification Prerequisites
If you are pursuing a CompTIA technical certification path, the CompTIA A+ certification is an excellent first step to take before preparing for the CompTIA Network+ certification. Some practical industry experience in networking is also strongly recommended.
Register 21 days before the CompTIA Network+ training course begins and save 10%! Enter discount EARLY10 during registration.
Questions About CompTIA Network+ Training? Ask Our Team!
Register 21 days before class start date and save 10%! Enter discount code EARLY10 during registration.
Register 21 days before class start date and save $250! Enter discount code EARLY250 during registration.
CompTIA Network+ (N10-008) Course Outline
Lesson 1: Comparing OSI Model Network Functions
- Topic A: Compare and Contrast OSI Model Layers
- Topic B: Configure SOHO Networks
Lesson 2: Deploying Ethernet Cabling
- Topic A: Summarize Ethernet Standards
- Topic B: Summarize Copper Cabling Types
- Topic C: Summarize Fiber Optic Cabling Types
- Topic D: Deploy Ethernet Cabling
Lesson 3: Deploying Ethernet Switching
- Topic A: Deploy Networking Devices
- Topic B: Explain Network Interfaces
- Topic C: Deploy Common Ethernet Switching Features
Lesson 4: Troubleshooting Ethernet Networks
- Topic A: Explain Network Troubleshooting Methodology
- Topic B: Troubleshoot Common Cable Connectivity Issues
Lesson 5: Explaining IPv4 Addressing
- Topic A: Explain IPv4 Addressing Schemes
- Topic B: Explain IPv4 Forwarding
- Topic C: Configure IP Networks and Subnets
Lesson 6: Supporting IPv4 and IPv6 Networks
- Topic A: Use Appropriate Tools to Test IP Configuration
- Topic B: Troubleshoot IP Networks
- Topic C: Explain IPv6 Addressing Schemes
Lesson 7: Configuring and Troubleshooting Routers
- Topic A: Compare and Contrast Routing Concepts
- Topic B: Compare and Contrast Dynamic Routing Concepts
- Topic C: Install and Troubleshoot Routers
Lesson 8: Explaining Network Topologies and Types
- Topic A: Explain Network Types and Characteristics
- Topic B: Explain Tiered Switching Architecture
- Topic C: Explain Virtual LANs
Lesson 9: Explaining Transport Layer Protocols
- Topic A: Compare and Contrast Transport Protocols
- Topic B: Use Appropriate Tools to Scan Network Ports
Lesson 10: Explaining Network Services
- Topic A: Explain the Use of Network Addressing Services
- Topic B: Explain the Use of Name Resolution Services
- Topic C: Configure DNS Services
Lesson 11: Explaining Network Applications
- Topic A: Explain the Use of Web, File/Print, and Database Services
- Topic B: Explain the Use of Email and Voice Services
Lesson 12: Ensuring Network Availability
- Topic A: Explain the Use of Network Management Services
- Topic B: Use Event Management to Ensure Network Availability
- Topic C: Use Performance Metrics to Ensure Network Availability
Lesson 13: Explaining Common Security Concepts
- Topic A: Explain Common Security Concepts
- Topic B: Explain Authentication Methods
Lesson 14: Supporting and Troubleshooting Secure Networks
- Topic A: Compare and Contrast Security Appliances
- Topic B: Troubleshoot Service and Security Issues
Lesson 15: Deploying and Troubleshooting Wireless Networks
- Topic A: Summarize Wireless Standards
- Topic B: Install Wireless Networks
- Topic C: Troubleshoot Wireless Networks
- Topic D: Configure and Troubleshoot Wireless Security
Lesson 16: Comparing WAN Links and Remote Access Methods
- Topic A: Explain WAN Provider Links
- Topic B: Compare and Contrast Remote Access Methods
Lesson 17: Explaining Organizational and Physical Security Concepts
- Topic A: Explain Organizational Documentation and Policies
- Topic B: Explain Physical Security Methods
- Topic C: Compare and Contrast Internet of Things Devices
Lesson 18: Explaining Disaster Recovery and High Availability Concepts
- Topic A: Explain Disaster Recovery Concepts
- Topic B: Explain High Availability Concepts
Lesson 19: Applying Network Hardening Techniques
- Topic A: Compare and Contrast Types of Attacks
- Topic B: Apply Network Hardening Techniques
Lesson 20: Summarizing Cloud and Datacenter Architecture
- Topic A: Summarize Cloud Concepts
- Topic B: Explain Virtualization and Storage Area Network Technologies
- Topic C: Explain Datacenter Network Architecture
Is there a discount available for current students?
UMBC students and alumni, as well as students who have previously taken a public training course with UMBC Training Centers are eligible for a 10% discount, capped at $250. Please provide a copy of your UMBC student ID or an unofficial transcript or the name of the UMBC Training Centers course you have completed. Online courses are excluded from this offer.
What is the cancellation and refund policy?
Student will receive a refund of paid registration fees only if UMBC Training Centers receives a notice of cancellation at least 10 business days prior to the class start date for classes or the exam date for exams.