Creating High Performing Teams
In the current business culture, nearly all individuals work in team settings. Given this fact, leaders must not only have excellent people skills, but must be able to gauge others’ social ability and group direct reports accordingly. The aptitude of creating effective teams is invaluable for leaders at every level of management, having a direct effect on productivity and job satisfaction. At its core, team building is about empowering employees to operate more freely, think and respond creatively, and support one another within a collaborative environment. This team-building course provides methods for establishing a high performance, high commitment team culture. Team building skills enable an organization to establish effective and collaborative working relationships, embrace the organizational structure, and accept both responsibility and the appropriate accountability for the organization’s success.
Upon completing this course, participants will be able to:
- Identify different personality types and describe how differing types can affect relationships and supervisory success
- Assess the best approach for enhancing interpersonal relationships between various personality types
- Identify the critical elements of communication and break down the common barriers between people of differing personality styles
- Increase personal and organizational effectiveness by taking a more proactive role in building relationships within their team and organization
- Describe and embrace the role of supervisor and accept personal responsibility
- Effectively delegate and coach for high performance
- Manage personal and team time effectively
- Apply planning techniques for improving team performance
Register 21 days before class start date and save 10%! Enter discount code EARLY10 during registration.
Register 21 days before class start date and save $250! Enter discount code EARLY250 during registration.
Is there a discount available for current students?
UMBC students and alumni, as well as students who have previously taken a public training course with UMBC Training Centers are eligible for a 10% discount, capped at $250. Please provide a copy of your UMBC student ID or an unofficial transcript or the name of the UMBC Training Centers course you have completed. Online courses are excluded from this offer.
What is the cancellation and refund policy?
Student will receive a refund of paid registration fees only if UMBC Training Centers receives a notice of cancellation at least 10 business days prior to the class start date for classes or the exam date for exams.