Developing Application Business Rules with Red Hat Decision Manager (AD364)
Introduction to authoring and deploying business rules with Red Hat Decision Manager.
Red Hat Decision Manager is an open source business automation platform for business rules management that facilitates business policy and rules development, access, and management. Decision Manager includes a fast and highly efficient rules engine and easy-to-use rules development tools and management system. In this course, you will learn how to author, test, and debug business rules, how to generate rule packages, and how Decision Manager’s runtime environment executes rules using both drools and Decision Model Notation (DMN).
This course is based on Red Hat Decision Manager 7.9.
HOW CAN I TAKE THIS COURSE?
Experience Red Hat courses in person at our Columbia, MD facility.
Live Online Virtual Training (VT)
Red Hat’s live online virtual training is real-time training conducted remotely featuring Red Hat instructors. Learn more about Virtual Training (VT) here.
- This course is designed for application developers and business rules developers.
- There are no prerequisites for this course.
- Java SE and Java EE experience is helpful.
Upon completion of this course, students will understand:
- Author rules with guided decision tables.
- Implement test-driven rule design using Business Central.
- Implement advanced rule field constraints with Drools Rule Language (DRL).
- Execute rules using the KIE API.
- Resolve rule conflicts with rule flow attributes.
- Author decisions with Decision Model Notation.
- Define rules for complex event processing.
Impact on the organization
- Only 37% of most typical business processes have been digitized. By automating, adapting, and redesigning business rules, organizations can modernize their portfolio, empower employees, engage customers, and innovate their products. At the center of running and designing process driven apps are Red Hat Decision Manager and Red Hat Process Automation Manager. Decision Manager and Process Automation Manager enable developers to automate business processes and business rules in a low-code environment. This training presents the opportunity for developers to get hands-on experience with Red Hat Decision Manager 7.8 to develop business rules to help their organizations react quickly to market changes.
Impact on the individual
- As a result of attending this course, you will be able to use the concepts in this course to simplify and more efficiently manage and automate their application’s business rules. Through hands-on experience, you will learn how to create automated business decisions and integrate those rules engines into enterprise applications.
Register 21 days before class start date and save 10%! Enter discount code EARLY10 during registration.
Register 21 days before class start date and save $250! Enter discount code EARLY250 during registration.
Outline for this course
- Introduction to Red Hat Decision Manager
- Describe foundational concepts of business automation and Red Hat Decision Manager
- Authoring Basic Rules in Business Central
- Create and test basic rules using Business Central
- Authoring Rules with DRL
- Create DRL rules using advanced conditions and field constraints in Decision Central
- Integrating Decision Manager Applications
- Integrate Decision Manager applications with other applications using the Rest API and the Java API Client code
- Implementing Best Practices for DRL
- Identify advanced conflict resolution and implementing best practices for DRL rules
- Implementing Decisions with DMN
- Describe and use DMN to implement decisions in Red Hat Decision Manager
- Defining Rules for Complex Event Processing
- Describe and use complex event processing (CEP) with rules
- Is there a discount available for current students?UMBC students and alumni, as well as students who have previously taken a public training course with UMBC Training Centers are eligible for a 10% discount, capped at $250. Please provide a copy of your UMBC student ID or an unofficial transcript or the name of the UMBC Training Centers course you have completed. Online courses are excluded from this offer.
- What is the cancellation and refund policy?Student will receive a refund of paid registration fees only if UMBC Training Centers receives a notice of cancellation at least 10 business days prior to the class start date for classes or the exam date for exams.
- What is Live Online training?Classes marked Live Online have the same content and expert instructors as our classroom training, but are delivered entirely online through our virtual classroom environment. Each class session is live, and led by an Instructor.