The Evolving Supervisor (TES)
As the ability to make continuous improvements in personal and team output becomes more critical, a supervisor with several years of experience must avoid the tendency to become complacent within their role. This practical and results-oriented skill-building course provides experienced supervisors with current proven tools and techniques immediately applicable in their own workplace. As an experienced supervisor, continuing to develop, maintain, and strengthen positive interpersonal relationships is pivotal in achieving collective success. These positive relationships enable effective cooperation and promote higher productivity among colleagues, subordinates, and superiors. Participants practice applying techniques for opening the lines of communication between individuals and gaining commitment from colleagues, subordinates, and superiors. In this course, participants learn techniques for changing the way they manage relationships, yielding better organizational results and improved personal effectiveness.
Upon completing this course, participants will be able to:
- Identify the roles and expectations of the supervisor as a leader.
- Identify personality styles and use proven techniques to increase interpersonal communications.
- Exercise greater influence and effectiveness by applying the influence strategies most appropriate to the situation.
- Manage time, energy, and resources to maximize personal effectiveness.
- Define the leader’s role in creating and maintaining a work climate that maximizes employee contribution and effectiveness.
- Discuss tactics and feel more confident in having hard conversations with employees.
- Establish clear performance expectations with employees by using metrics-based objectives.
- Hold employees accountable for substandard performance and recognizing superior performance.
- Develop a Personal Action Plan that integrates the key workshop learnings with the needs/challenges at work and leave their comfort zone.
- Take managed risks to improve their personal effectiveness.
- Implement a culture of accountability.
Register 21 days before class start date and save 10%! Enter discount code EARLY10 during registration.
Register 21 days before class start date and save $250! Enter discount code EARLY250 during registration.
Is there a discount available for current students?
UMBC students and alumni, as well as students who have previously taken a public training course with UMBC Training Centers are eligible for a 10% discount, capped at $250. Please provide a copy of your UMBC student ID or an unofficial transcript or the name of the UMBC Training Centers course you have completed. Online courses are excluded from this offer.
What is the cancellation and refund policy?
Student will receive a refund of paid registration fees only if UMBC Training Centers receives a notice of cancellation at least 10 business days prior to the class start date for classes or the exam date for exams.