CN220 centers on developing the skills and knowledge needed for Day-1 Kubernetes operations for managing applications. Using best practices as guiding principles, students will engage in topics pertaining to the Kubernetes architecture to make informed decisions for production workloads. Topics include configuring resource availability for applications, implementing advanced scheduling for applications, and administering user roles and permissions for the Kubernetes cluster. Kubernetes Operations and System Integration teams will benefit greatly as they plan and deploy their Kubernetes production environments.
- Motivations: Perform core ‘day-1’ operational tasks on Kubernetes
- Roles: Infrastructure and Integration engineers tasked with day-to-day application workload management; IT professionals looking to expand skills in Kubernetes administration
- Familiarity with the Bash shell
- Filesystem navigation and manipulation
- Command line text editors like vim or nano
- Common tooling like curl, wget and ping
- Familiarity with JSON and YAML notation
- CN120 course and prerequisites therein, or equivalent experience (Kubernetes Application Essentials)
Upon completion of this course, students will understand:
- Kubernetes Architecture
- Managing Application Security
- Releasing updates to Kubernetes workloads
- Scheduling options for Kubernetes workloads
- Managing Kubernetes cluster resources
- Mapping ingress to an application
- Enabling security in the Kubernetes Security Model
- Provisioning networking within the Kubernetes cluster
- Implementing multi-tenancy in a Kubernetes cluster
Register 21 days before class start date and save 10%! Enter discount code EARLY10 during registration.
Register 21 days before class start date and save $250! Enter discount code EARLY250 during registration.
- Is there a discount available for current students?UMBC students and alumni, as well as students who have previously taken a public training course with UMBC Training Centers are eligible for a 10% discount, capped at $250. Please provide a copy of your UMBC student ID or an unofficial transcript or the name of the UMBC Training Centers course you have completed. Online courses are excluded from this offer.
- What is the cancellation and refund policy?Student will receive a refund of paid registration fees only if UMBC Training Centers receives a notice of cancellation at least 10 business days prior to the class start date for classes or the exam date for exams.
- What is Live Online training?Classes marked Live Online have the same content and expert instructors as our classroom training, but are delivered entirely online through our virtual classroom environment. Each class session is live, and led by an Instructor.