It is critical for organizations to strategically grows leaders from within. Leadership Fundamentals is intended to provide the skills necessary to prepare employees for the move into formal team positions (and higher). This course provides the big picture of how the participants fit as a leader within an organization currently, and highlights opportunities for growth. It focuses on self-awareness and relating to others, mentorship, generational differences, and dealing with conflict.
Upon completing this course, participants will be able to:
- Identify the critical distinctions between leadership and management and practice the key traits of effective leaders.
- Increase self-awareness through an analysis of their personality style and preferences; apply proven techniques to increase interpersonal effectiveness and break-down barriers with others with different styles.
- Set direction and enhance team member commitment by attention to vision, mission, values, and goals.
- Identify and track critical success factors to assess organizational effectiveness.
- Build team cohesiveness and work effectively within an environment of conflicting values.
- Apply effective strategies to build and sustain a high trust work environment.
- Build employee commitment by motivating and engaging team members to high performance.
- Apply constructive strategies to manage the challenges and uncertainties posed by change.
- Apply the seven habits of highly effective people to enhance personal and organizational effectiveness.
- Apply proven strategies to minimize disagreements and effectively negotiate conflict situations.
- Manage time, energy and resources more effectively to maximize personal effectiveness in an environment multiple and possibly shifting / conflicting priorities.
- Leave their comfort zone, take managed risks and think outside the box to improve their personal effectiveness.
Register 21 days before class start date and save 10%! Enter discount code EARLY10 during registration.
Register 21 days before class start date and save $250! Enter discount code EARLY250 during registration.
Is there a discount available for current students?
UMBC students and alumni, as well as students who have previously taken a public training course with UMBC Training Centers are eligible for a 10% discount, capped at $250. Please provide a copy of your UMBC student ID or an unofficial transcript or the name of the UMBC Training Centers course you have completed. Online courses are excluded from this offer.
What is the cancellation and refund policy?
Student will receive a refund of paid registration fees only if UMBC Training Centers receives a notice of cancellation at least 10 business days prior to the class start date for classes or the exam date for exams.