Making Successful Briefings and Presentations
In today’s competitive business environment, individuals must not only have the skill, but also, the poise and confidence for delivering clear and concise briefings and presentations successfully meeting their intended objectives. In this course, participants learn about the planning for, structuring of, preparation for, and delivery of successful briefings and presentations. They learn practical techniques for communicating and reinforcing their message, focusing on the audience’s needs and objectives, avoiding distracting mannerisms, and taking advantage of non-verbal communications that augment their points. The course explores techniques for coping with difficult situations and with difficult people. Participants also learn best practices for incorporating various visual support materials into briefings and presentations. The key to this course is practice, with participants practicing briefings and presentations while supplemented by the use of videotape feedback and critiques from the instructor and other participants.
Upon completing this course, participants will be able to:
- Capture and maintain audience interest and attention
- Discern and address the attitudes and needs of the audience
- Respond to difficult questions and objections
- Deliver presentations that are concise and clear
- Organize ideas and information for achieving the objective
- Capitalize on non-verbal communications for augmenting the point
- Minimize distracting behaviors
- Establish rapport with the audience
- Describe how and when to use humor
- Plan and prepare for a briefing or presentation
- Design and use visuals effectively
- Create and use notes effectively
Register 21 days before class start date and save 10%! Enter discount code EARLY10 during registration.
Register 21 days before class start date and save $250! Enter discount code EARLY250 during registration.
Is there a discount available for current students?
UMBC students and alumni, as well as students who have previously taken a public training course with UMBC Training Centers are eligible for a 10% discount, capped at $250. Please provide a copy of your UMBC student ID or an unofficial transcript or the name of the UMBC Training Centers course you have completed. Online courses are excluded from this offer.
What is the cancellation and refund policy?
Student will receive a refund of paid registration fees only if UMBC Training Centers receives a notice of cancellation at least 10 business days prior to the class start date for classes or the exam date for exams.