Navigating Critical Conversations in the Workplace
Disagreements and high-stake conversations occur frequently in today’s business environment and require effective handling for achieving desired outcomes. When stuck in a sticky situation, an individual must courageously speak up in critical moments for influencing the outcomes. Patterson, Grenny, McMillan, and Switzler’s Crucial Conversations compiles their 25 years of research on how to handle critical conversations optimally, with both sides feeling satisfied. They discovered that those considered influential by their peers and managers were those capable of managing crucial conversations. After studying the strategies employed by these individuals, the authors describe how leaders can easily adapt this skill-set to prepare for critical situations and face high stake communication in their own work environment regardless of pre-existing conditions of power, position, and authority. Participants learn to engage in critical conversations readily and without fear, but with the social finesse necessary for reaching solutions.
Upon completing this course, participants will be able to:
- Approach high stakes conversations without fear
- Successfully engage in high stake conversations
- Develop the skill-set for participating in critical conversations
- Monitor and control emotions during critical conversations
- Apply emotional intelligence during high stake conversations
- Create an environment that encourages others to engage in critical conversations
- Recognize the stakes in critical conversations
- React appropriately throughout critical conversations
Is there a discount available for current students?
UMBC students and alumni, as well as students who have previously taken a public training course with UMBC Training Centers are eligible for a 10% discount, capped at $250. Please provide a copy of your UMBC student ID or an unofficial transcript or the name of the UMBC Training Centers course you have completed. Asynchronous courses are excluded from this offer.
What is the cancellation and refund policy?
Student will receive a refund of paid registration fees only if UMBC Training Centers receives a notice of cancellation at least 10 business days prior to the class start date for classes or the exam date for exams.