Red Hat Performance Tuning: Linux in Physical, Virtual, and Cloud (RH442)
Performance tuning and capacity planning for Red Hat Enterprise Linux
Red Hat Performance Tuning: Linux in Physical, Virtual, and Cloud (RH422) teaches senior Linux® system administrators the methodology of performance tuning. This course discusses system architecture with an emphasis on understanding its implications on system performance, performance adjustments, open source benchmarking utilities, networking performance, and tuning configurations for specific server use cases and workloads.
This course is based on Red Hat® Enterprise Linux 8.
HOW CAN I TAKE THIS COURSE?
Experience Red Hat courses in person at our Columbia, MD facility.
Live Online Virtual Training (VT)
Red Hat’s live online virtual training is real-time training conducted remotely featuring Red Hat instructors. Learn more about Virtual Training (VT) here.
Senior Linux system administrators responsible for maximizing resource utilization through performance tuning
Be certified as a Red Hat Certified Engineer (RHCE), or demonstrate equivalent experience.
Upon completion of this course, students will be able to:
- Analyze and tune for resource-specific scenarios
- Applying tuning profiles with the tuned tool
- Tune in virtual environments (hosts and guests)
- Trace and profile system events and activities
- Tune resource limits and utilization using systemd-integrated cgroups
- Gather performance metrics and benchmarking data
Register 21 days before class start date and save 10%! Enter discount code EARLY10 during registration.
Register 21 days before class start date and save $250! Enter discount code EARLY250 during registration.
- Introduce performance tuning
- Describe performance tuning concepts and goals.
- Select performance monitoring tools
- Evaluate the large selection of performance monitoring tools that are included with Red Hat Enterprise Linux.
- View hardware resources
- View and interpret hardware resource listings.
- Configure kernel tunables and tuned profiles
- Configure the operating system to tune for different workload requirements.
- Manage resource limits with control groups
- Manage resource contention and set limits for resource use on services, applications, and users using cgroup configuration.
- Analyze performance using system tracing tools
- Diagnose system and application behaviors using a variety of resource-specific tracing tools.
- Tune CPU utilization
- Manage CPU resource sharing and scheduling to control utilization.
- Tune memory utilization
- Manage settings for efficient memory utilization for different types of workloads.
- Tune storage device I/O
- Manage settings for efficient disk utilization in various use cases.
- Tune file system utilization
- Manage application efficiency for file system utilization.
- Tune network utilization
- Manage application efficiency for network utilization.
- Tune in virtualization environments
- Distinguish the requirements for tuning in virtualized environments.
- Perform comprehensive review
- Demonstrate skills learned in this course by observing system performance using the appropriate tools, evaluating system metrics, and configuring settings to improve performance.
- Is there a discount available for current students?UMBC students and alumni, as well as students who have previously taken a public training course with UMBC Training Centers are eligible for a 10% discount, capped at $250. Please provide a copy of your UMBC student ID or an unofficial transcript or the name of the UMBC Training Centers course you have completed. Online courses are excluded from this offer.
- What is the cancellation and refund policy?Student will receive a refund of paid registration fees only if UMBC Training Centers receives a notice of cancellation at least 10 business days prior to the class start date for classes or the exam date for exams.
- What is Live Online training?Classes marked Live Online have the same content and expert instructors as our classroom training, but are delivered entirely online through our virtual classroom environment. Each class session is live, and led by an Instructor.