Succeeding on Virtual Teams
Today’s organizational landscape has shifted and the global economy has prompted businesses to change how they work. As individual contributors on teams, it’s essential to embrace tele-work and virtual collaboration as an essential way to provide value in the support of team success and organizational goals. As such, we must reframe our thinking about technology as not just a tool for communication, but also as a tool to practice effective teaming. This course is for team members and team leads. It focuses on strategies that lay the foundation for success when geographical separation is a part of the work-scape. Participants learn how to overcome the challenges associated with time zones, culture, and comradery. They also learn how to effectively use and engage in the communication and technological processes necessary for reaching high performance and driving virtual team success.
Upon completion of this course, students will be able to:
- Lean into new work norms and expectations
- Engage in new working protocols for communication and team support
- Embrace openness, trust, and respect among team members
- Work through conflict in a diverse work-scape
- Leverage data sharing solutions
- Implement effective virtual team problem solving processes
- Increase visibility to leaders and team members
- Express individual needs and respond to the needs of others
- Implement simple project management techniques for virtual teams
- Leverage the team’s collective intelligence
- Harness and diffuse innovation within the team and across functional areas
Register 21 days before class start date and save 10%! Enter discount code EARLY10 during registration.
Register 21 days before class start date and save $250! Enter discount code EARLY250 during registration.
Is there a discount available for current students?
UMBC students and alumni, as well as students who have previously taken a public training course with UMBC Training Centers are eligible for a 10% discount, capped at $250. Please provide a copy of your UMBC student ID or an unofficial transcript or the name of the UMBC Training Centers course you have completed. Online courses are excluded from this offer.
What is the cancellation and refund policy?
Student will receive a refund of paid registration fees only if UMBC Training Centers receives a notice of cancellation at least 10 business days prior to the class start date for classes or the exam date for exams.