So you are ready to advance your cyber skills with EC-Council’s Certified Ethical Hacker (CEH) Certification? We’re glad to hear it! CEH is one of today’s top recognized cybersecurity certifications and it can open many doors in your career.
5 Steps To Earning Your EC-Council CEH Certification
1. Choose Your Path For EC-Council CEH Exam Eligibility
The first step to earning your CEH certification is to decide the eligibility method you will pursue. EC-Council provides two paths toward CEH Exam Eligibility:
- Successfully complete official EC-Council CEH training
- Submit and receive approval for your CEH exam eligibility application
The first option is rather straightforward and frankly your best option. While you may meet the requirements for eligibility, you will likely still want to take a CEH bootcamp to best prepare for the exam. If this is the case, simply enroll in an official class which will include your CEH exam application fee.
If you are confident that self-study is the best for you, then consider the application route. To be approved for exam eligibility outside of official training you must either:
- Hold a CEH certification that is version 1 to 7 OR
- Have a minimum of 2 years work experience in an InfoSec domain
2. Study For The CEH Certification Exam
No matter how confident or how experienced you are in the CEH domains, you still need to properly prepare for the exam. The exam preparation process will look differently for every person based on their familiarity with the exam material and the type of learn they are; however, there are a few key steps to go through that apply to everyone:
- Download the EC-Council CEH Exam Blueprint.
- Read through the objectives and highlight any objectives that you don’t feel 100% comfortable with.
- Focus your studies (instructor-led class, self-paced course or self-taught material) on those trouble areas.
- Practice for the exam by taking a variety of timed CEH practice exams to simulate the testing environment.
Register Now For An Upcoming CEH Certification Bootcamp
3. Register For The CEH Certification Exam
Once you feel prepared for the EC-Council Certified Ethical Hacker exam, then you can register to take it. According to EC-Council’s site, you should register at least 3 days in advance of your preferred exam date and you have two options for taking the CEH exam:
- You register to sit for the exam at a physical testing center through Pearson VUE OR
- You can register for the exam remotely through ProctorU
No matter which method you choose, you will be subject to an exam proctor either in-person or virtually. Keep in mind, if you choose remote proctoring you will also be subject to passing an equipment test prior to sitting for the exam.
4. Pass Your CEH Exam!
You have done all of your preparation, registered for the exam and now the time is here. When it comes to your exam day, we suggest you focus on being in your best mindset. This means get a good night’s rest, eat a healthy yet filling meal and try not to cram in the hours leading up to your exam time. Be confident in your preparation and expect the best outcome going into your CEH exam.
5. Maintain Your CEH Certification
Now that you have your CEH certification, don’t forget to renew it, or else you will need to sit for the exam all over again. Here are the steps to renewing your CEH Certification:
- Create your account with EC-Council
- Navigate to EC-Council Continuing Education Page
- Pay your yearly fee if needed
- Submit your credits through the site
Register Now For An Upcoming CEH Training Course!
Complete the form below to schedule a time to speak with an Admissions Advisor about our upcoming CEH Training. Classes Available Weekdays, Nights & Weekends!