CompTIA IT Fundamentals+
If you are brand-new to the field of technology, this is the best place to start. The IT Fundamentals+ Certification course introduces those with little to no technical experience to essential end user skills. Students encounter features and functions of common operating systems and establishing network connectivity, identifying common software applications and their purpose, and using security and web browsing best practices. This course is an excellent starting point for those interested in further certifications.
This course prepares students for the CompTIA IT Fundamentals+ Exam.
No experience necessary. The target student is anyone with who is interested in obtaining a job as an IT helpdesk professional. In addition, this course will help prepare students to achieve a CompTIA IT Fundamentals+ Certification.
After completing this course, students will be able to:
- Comprehend notational systems, illustrate the basics of computing and explain the value of data and troubleshooting
- Know how to set up and install common peripheral devices to a laptop/pc or secure a basic wireless network
- Manage applications software, understand the various components of an operating system and explain the purpose of methods of application architecture
- Comprehend programming language categories, interpret logic, and understand the purpose of programming concepts
- Able to explain database concepts, structures, and purpose, as well as understands methods used to interface
- Understand confidentiality, integrity, and availability concerns of secure devices and best practice methods
Register 21 days before class start date and save 10%! Enter discount code EARLY10 during registration.
Register 21 days before class start date and save $250! Enter discount code EARLY250 during registration.
- Is there funding available? This course is eligible for funding through the Workforce Innovation and Opportunity Act (WIOA).
- Is there a discount available for current students? UMBC students and alumni, as well as students who have previously taken a public training course with UMBC Training Centers are eligible for a 10% discount, capped at $250. Please provide a copy of your UMBC student ID or an unofficial transcript or the name of the UMBC Training Centers course you have completed. Online courses are excluded from this offer.
- What is the cancellation and refund policy?Student will receive a refund of paid registration fees only if UMBC Training Centers receives a notice of cancellation at least 10 business days prior to the class start date for classes or the exam date for exams.
- What is Live Online training?Classes marked Live Online have the same content and expert instructors as our classroom training, but are delivered entirely online through our virtual classroom environment. Each class session is live, and led by an Instructor.