Cloud Native Operations Bootcamp
CN251 is an intensive cloud native training bootcamp for IT professionals looking to develop skills in deploying and administering containerized applications in Kubernetes. Over the course of five days, students will start with learning about first principles for application containerization followed by learning how to stand up a containerized application in Kubernetes, and, finally, ramping up the skills for day-1 operating tasks for managing a Kubernetes production environment. CN251 is an ideal course for those who need to accelerate the development of their IT skills for a rapidly-changing technology landscape.
- Motivations: Use and manage containers from first principles & architect basic applications for Kubernetes
- Roles: general technical audiences & IT professionals
- At least six months experience in cloud infrastructure administration
- Familiarity with the Bash shell
- Filesystem navigation and manipulation
- Command line text editors like vim or nano
- Common tooling like curl, wget and ping
- Familiarity with YAML and JSON notation
Register 21 days before class start date and save 10%! Enter discount code EARLY10 during registration.
Register 21 days before class start date and save $250! Enter discount code EARLY250 during registration.
- Containerization motivations and implementation
- Creating, managing and auditing containers
- Best practices in container image design
- Single-host container networking
- Provisioning external storage
Day 2 & 3
- Make effective use of pod architecture
- Deploy workloads as Kubernetes controllers
- Provision configuration at runtime to Kubernetes workloads
- Network pods together across a cluster using native services
- Provision highly available storage to Kubernetes workloads
- Package an application as a Helm chart
Day 4 & 5
- Kubernetes Architecture
- Managing Application Security
- Releasing updates to Kubernetes workloads
- Scheduling options for Kubernetes workloads
- Managing Kubernetes cluster resources
- Mapping ingress to an application
- Enabling security in the Kubernetes Security Model
- Provisioning networking within the Kubernetes cluster
- Implementing multi-tenancy in a Kubernetes cluster
- Is there a discount available for current students?UMBC students and alumni, as well as students who have previously taken a public training course with UMBC Training Centers are eligible for a 10% discount, capped at $250. Please provide a copy of your UMBC student ID or an unofficial transcript or the name of the UMBC Training Centers course you have completed. Online courses are excluded from this offer.
- What is the cancellation and refund policy?Student will receive a refund of paid registration fees only if UMBC Training Centers receives a notice of cancellation at least 10 business days prior to the class start date for classes or the exam date for exams.
- What is Live Online training?Classes marked Live Online have the same content and expert instructors as our classroom training, but are delivered entirely online through our virtual classroom environment. Each class session is live, and led by an Instructor.