Red Hat Learning Subscription (Premium)
Keep pace with technology with a flexible learning platform
As the pace of technology development continues to speed up, and teams need timely, focused software training. Demand for skills on topics such as hybrid cloud and container-native development continues to grow. Modern teams need up-to-date technical content with the flexibility of both synchronous and asynchronous training offerings to suit learning preferences and schedules.
Red Hat® Learning Subscription Premium provides a customizable learning experience with self-paced and live training options. Users can tailor their learning with recorded video classes, e-books, online content, and live virtual classes. A subscription provides access to content across the entire Red Hat product portfolio, content that is continuously updated by Red Hat experts. Live, instructor-led classes create an engaging, immersive learning experience. These interactive sessions compliment the on-demand, self-paced learning materials available with a Red Hat Learning Subscription for highly effective, flexible training for everyone from beginners to experienced professionals.
This subscription provides an array of additional features to complement the learning experience. Cloud-based labs give the opportunity for hands-on practice in actual Red Hat environments. Expert extras are short, on-demand videos where Red Hat practitioners demonstrate innovative technologies in practical scenarios. Skills paths and pre-assessments are available for course selection guidance. Red Hat Learning Subscription Premium also includes certification exams. Red Hat’s exams are industry-recognized and performance-based. These exams validate that holders have the skills needed to undertake even the most ambitious technology projects. Reporting capabilities to track progress toward training and certification goals.
Red Hat Learning Subscription Premium lets you maximize your open source investment with a dynamic learning platform that suits everyone from beginners to experienced professionals.
Red Hat Learning Subscription Premium students will also get access to additional features such as:
- An enhanced learning portal to make navigation to courses easy to use
- Individual Exams – Customers will receive 5 exam vouchers and 2 retake exams that can be used for any Red Hat Certification Exam or Certificate of Expertise Exam
- Expert Seminars – Additional exclusive content in form of recorded seminars available only to Red Hat Learning Subscription Standard customers
- Instructor Office Hours – Mentoring support from Red Hat Instructors that Red Hat Learning Subscription Standard customers
Learn about core Red Hat technologies such as Red Hat Enterprise Linux® and Red Hat JBoss® Middleware. Explore emerging technologies such as Red Hat Enterprise Linux OpenStack® Platform and OpenShift Enterprise by Red Hat and prepare for your Red Hat Certified System Administrator (RHCSA), Red Hat Certified Engineer (RHCE®), or other certifications.
This program allows the student to take any of these courses in their own time and at their own pace, so if you are considering taking more than one Red Hat course within the next year, this program may be the best way to get the training you want, when you need it.
For a free 7-day trial of the Red Hat Learning Subscription, sign up here.
This course is intended for: Red Hat Training Customers who are looking for multiple Self-Paced Training courses.
- 1-year subscription, single user
- 5 Red Hat exam vouchers & 2 re-takes: Validate your skills through performance-based exams via some tiers. Whether remotely or at a testing station, exams can be taken when and where it’s most convenient.
- Access to all Red Hat Online Learning Courses (40+) & Red Hat Video Courses
- Cloud-based labs: 400 hours of course labs (Access the same labs as in the classroom for hands-on practice in authentic Red Hat environments, delivered 24×7 on six continents.)
- Recorded videos (300+) of Red Hat instructors teaching course units
- Support: Email to Red Hat Learning Subscription Administrators
- Early Access: be the first to explore in-development technology before it is officially released by accessing courses and labs currently in development.
- Skills paths: Map your learning and certification goals to one of the skills paths inside the platform to develop a strong foundation for a specific skill set.
- E-book downloads: Download up to 10 course e-books to continue learning offline.
- Enhanced Reporting: An individual’s dashboard provides a summary of training progress, course and lab usage, as well as exam status. Management reports provide the same metrics so the enterprise can measure their team’s engagement and progress.
- Expert Extras: Red Hat field practitioners present short demo videos to supplement courses by showing innovative technologies and practices based on real-world use cases.
- Expert Chat: Get direct answers and guidance from experts via a 30-minute chat session per day with the standard tier. Machine translations provide chat dialogue in local languages.
- Translated Content: Access Red Hat’s most popular courses in as many as 11 languages: English, International Spanish, Brazilian Portuguese, French, Italian, German, Simplified Chinese, Korean, and Japanese, Hindi, and Czech.*
- Live, instructor-led virtual classes: Benefit from an interactive classroom with added flexibility and convenience.
- Access to Red Hat certified instructors: Virtual classes are taught by the same experienced subject matter experts who lead classroom trainings.
- Flexible scheduling options: Various class topics and time options facilitate incorporating learning and preferences into busy schedules.
- Focused training sessions: Participants can narrow their learning to more specific topic areas.
- Choice of learning modality: A combination of self-paced materials and expert-taught classes maximizes learning.
- Train without traveling: Learn when, where, and how it is best for you.
Red Hat training and certification produces results
The Business Value of Red Hat Training, an IDC study, revealed that using Red Hat training provided an average return of US$43,800 per year per employee, which equals US$5.71 million per organization. The study also found that these companies see an increase in DevOps team productivity, faster deployment of new IT resources, and more efficient IT infrastructure teams. The quantified benefits of Red Hat training are1:
- 365% three-year ROI.
- 10X increase in staff competent with Red Hat OpenShift®.
- 44% higher DevOps team productivity.
- 34% more efficient IT infrastructure teams.
- 59% faster to deploy new IT resources.
A second IDC study, The Business Value of Red Hat Certification, found that certified employees were better able to use containers, Kubernetes, and other technologies to support more agile and effective development activities. The research also found that certified staff are able to work on more complex and important projects, perform better, and are known to have higher levels of skills and expertise. Some of the quantified benefits of Red Hat certification include2:
- 409% three-year ROI.
- 47% more virtual machines per staff member.
- 24% more productive development teams.
- 23-51% faster deployment of IT infrastructure.
Register 21 days before class start date and save 10%! Enter discount code EARLY10 during registration.
Register 21 days before class start date and save $250! Enter discount code EARLY250 during registration.
Courses included in this program include the following:
Red Hat Enterprise Linux
- Red Hat System Administration I (RH124)
- Red Hat System Administration II (RH134)
- Red Hat Certified System Architect Rapid Track (RH199)
- Red Hat System Administration III (RH254)
- Managing Containers with Red Hat Enterprise Linux Atomic Host (RH270)
- RHCE Certification Lab (RH299)
- Red Hat Satellite 6 Administration (RH403)
- Red Hat Server Hardening (RH413)
- Red Hat Enterprise Performance Tuning (RH442)
Red Hat JBoss Middleware
- Red Hat JBoss Enterprise Application Development I (JB225)
- Red Hat JBoss Application Administration I (JB248)
- Systems Management with Red Hat JBoss Operations Network (JB234)
- Monitoring with Red Hat JBoss Operations Network (JB232)
- Red Hat JBoss Enterprise Application Development II (JB325)
- JBoss Application Administration II (JB348)
- Red Hat JBoss Data Virtualization Development (JB450)
- Switchyard Development with Red Hat JBoss Fuse Service Works (JB417)
- Camel Development with Red Hat JBoss Fuse (JB421)
- Developing Workflow Applications with Red Hat JBoss BPM Suite (JB427)
- Enterprise Service Bus Deployment with Red Hat JBoss Fuse (JB435)
- Red Hat JBoss A-MQ Development and Deployment (JB437)
- Red Hat JBoss Data Grid Development (JB453)
- Authoring Rules with Red Hat JBoss BRMS (JB461)
- Developing Rules Applications with Red Hat JBoss BRMS (JB463)
- Implementing with Red Hat JBoss BRMS (JB465)
- Building Advanced Red Hat Enterprise Applications (JB501)
Red Hat Enterprise Linux OpenStack Platform
- Red Hat OpenStack Administration (CL210)
- Neutron Networking with Red Hat Enterprise Linux OpenStack Platform (CL306)
- RabbitMQ Messaging with Red Hat Enterprise Linux OpenStack Platform (CL315)
Red Hat Enterprise Virtualization
OpenShift Enterprise by Red Hat
- OpenShift Enterprise Application Development (CL275)
- OpenShift Enterprise Administration (CL280)
Is there a discount available for current students?
UMBC students and alumni, as well as students who have previously taken a public training course with UMBC Training Centers are eligible for a 10% discount, capped at $250. Please provide a copy of your UMBC student ID or an unofficial transcript or the name of the UMBC Training Centers course you have completed. Online courses are excluded from this offer.
What is the cancellation and refund policy?
Student will receive a refund of paid registration fees only if UMBC Training Centers receives a notice of cancellation at least 10 business days prior to the class start date for classes or the exam date for exams.