Certificate in Cyber Foundations
|This program provides candidates with the skills, knowledge and credentials required to successfully begin a career in the field of Information Technology. This program was designed by UMBC Training Centers in collaboration with senior executives and technical staff from the Department of Defense, leading Government Contractors, and Fortune 500 companies.
There is a severe shortage of IT professionals with the skills, certifications, and problem solving abilities necessary to meet the nation’s cybersecurity challenge. This shortage of IT professionals is expected to persist for years. This represents a tremendous cybersecurity career opportunity for motivated individuals with the right skills and certifications.
Here are the top qualifications sought by every organization, large or small:
- Demonstrable technical skills in Systems Administration and Computer Networking
- DoD 8570 Certifications for DoD agencies and contractors supporting them
- A recognized IT Industry Certification in systems or networking
- Strong problem solving abilities and communication skills
- High level of professionalism and willingness to work hard
The Certificate in Cyber Foundations information technology program includes the following three courses:
- CompTIA A+ Certified IT Technician
- CompTIA Network+ – Configuring, Managing, and Troubleshooting IT Infrastructure
- CompTIA Security+ – Information Assurance and IT Security
Register 21 days before this information technology class bundle start date and save $250! Enter discount code EARLY250 during registration.
Tuition for this cybersecurity program includes course materials, 2 certification exams (Network+ and Security+), and 1 year audit privilege (*restrictions may apply).
Still Not Sure That Cybersecurity Is Right For You?
Our Admissions Team can give you the facts you need to make the best decision for you. Request a call today by submitting the form below!
This program is suitable for individuals seeking to enter the fields of Information Technology and Cybersecurity. This program prepares students for employment as IT professionals with government agencies, government contractors and commercial enterprises in the Mid-Atlantic region. This Certificate program is offered in response to the Information Technology industry’s need for qualified employees with the right certifications and problem solving skills to be effective in system support and information security.
Students taking this program for IT professionals should have good end-user skills with Windows®-based personal computers, a strong interest in computers and technology, and good problem solving skills.
In addition to the times below, UMBC Training Centers can also schedule daytime or off hours cohort information technology programs for corporations or government agencies, either at UMBC Training Centers, on customer premises, or on-line.
This course for IT professionals is eligible for funding through the Workforce Innovation and Opportunity Act (WIOA) and the GI Bill. Additionally, this CompTIA Certificate bundle offers a 25% saving over taking the cybersecurity courses independently.
Register 21 days before class start date and save 10%! Enter discount code EARLY10 during registration.
Register 21 days before class start date and save $250! Enter discount code EARLY250 during registration.
- Lesson 1: Installing Motherboards and Connectors
- Lesson 2: Installing System Devices
- Lesson 3: Troubleshooting PC Hardware
- Lesson 4: Comparing Local Networking Hardware
- Lesson 5: Configuring Network Addressing and Internet Connections
- Lesson 6: Supporting Network Services
- Lesson 7: Summarizing Virtualization and Cloud Concepts
- Lesson 8: Supporting Mobile Devices
- Lesson 9: Supporting Print Devices
- Lesson 10: Configuring Windows
- Lesson 11: Managing Windows
- Lesson 12: Identifying OS Types and Features
- Lesson 13: Supporting Windows
- Lesson 14: Managing Windows Networking
- Lesson 15: Managing Linux and macOS
- Lesson 16: Configuring SOHO Network Security
- Lesson 17: Managing Security Settings
- Lesson 18: Supporting Mobile Software
- Lesson 19: Using Support and Scripting Tools
- Lesson 20: Implementing Operational Procedures
- Lesson 1: Comparing OSI Model Network Functions
- Lesson 2: Deploying Ethernet Cabling
- Lesson 3: Deploying Ethernet Switching
- Lesson 4: Troubleshooting Ethernet Networks
- Lesson 5: Explaining IPv4 Addressing
- Lesson 6: Supporting IPv4 and IPv6 Networks
- Lesson 7: Configuring and Troubleshooting Routers
- Lesson 8: Explaining Network Topologies and Types
- Lesson 9: Explaining Transport Layer Protocols
- Lesson 10: Explaining Network Services
- Lesson 11: Explaining Network Applications
- Lesson 12: Ensuring Network Availability
- Lesson 13: Explaining Common Security Concepts
- Lesson 14: Supporting and Troubleshooting Secure Networks
- Lesson 15: Deploying and Troubleshooting Wireless Networks
- Lesson 16: Comparing WAN Links and Remote Access Methods
- Lesson 17: Explaining Organizational and Physical Security Concepts
- Lesson 18: Explaining Disaster Recovery and High Availability Concepts
- Lesson 19: Applying Network Hardening Techniques
- Lesson 20: Summarizing Cloud and Datacenter Architecture
- Lesson 1: Comparing Security Roles and Security Controls
- Lesson 2: Explaining Threat Actors and Threat Intelligence
- Lesson 3: Performing Security Assessments
- Lesson 4: Identifying Social Engineering and Malware
- Lesson 5: Summarizing Basic Cryptographic Concepts
- Lesson 6: Implementing Public Key Infrastructure
- Lesson 7: Implementing Authentication Controls
- Lesson 8: Implementing Identity and Account Management Controls
- Lesson 9: Implementing Secure Network Designs
- Lesson 10: Implementing Network Security Appliances
- Lesson 11: Implementing Secure Network Protocols
- Lesson 12: Implementing Host Security Solutions
- Lesson 13: Implementing Secure Mobile Solutions
- Lesson 14: Summarizing Secure Application Concepts
- Lesson 15: Implementing Secure Cloud Solutions
- Lesson 16: Explaining Data Privacy and Protection Concepts
- Lesson 17: Performing Incident Response
- Lesson 18: Explaining Digital Forensics
- Lesson 19: Summarizing Risk Management Concepts
- Lesson 20: Implementing Cybersecurity Resilience
- Lesson 21: Explaining Physical Security
Is there a discount available for current students?
UMBC students and alumni, as well as students who have previously taken a public training course with UMBC Training Centers are eligible for a 10% discount, capped at $250. Please provide a copy of your UMBC student ID or an unofficial transcript or the name of the UMBC Training Centers course you have completed. Online courses are excluded from this offer.
What is the cancellation and refund policy?
Student will receive a refund of paid registration fees only if UMBC Training Centers receives a notice of cancellation at least 10 business days prior to the class start date for classes or the exam date for exams.